Save your overripe bananas from certain doom. Here’s our go-to, plant-based banana bread recipe made with JUST Egg.
- ½ cup or 1 stick (114 g) plant-based butter (we like Miyoko's Creamery), at room temperature
- ½ cup packed (115g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) JUST Egg
- 1 tablespoon (15g) vanilla extract
- 4 medium or 3 large (400g) bananas, mashed
- 3 tablespoons (46g) plant-based yogurt (see note for substitutions)
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (5g) salt
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
01 / 05
Heat the oven
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
02 / 05
Beat the wet ingredients
Use a hand mixer or standing mixer with a whisk attachment to cream the butter with the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the JUST Egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated, scraping down bowl as needed. Mash the banana thoroughly then mix in the mashed banana and yogurt.
Note: We like to use coconut yogurt. If you don’t have yogurt, mix 3 tablespoons of milk (any kind, including almond milk or soy milk) with ¼ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Let it stand for a minute or two before adding to the batter.
03 / 05
Whisk the dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
04 / 05
Mix everything together
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix. If using, fold in the walnuts or chocolate chips.
05 / 05
Bake for 1 hour
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350°F for about 1 hour or until a skewer or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Depending on your oven, it may need 10 to 15 more minutes. Let it rest for another 10 to 15 minutes, then remove from the loaf pan and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Grab a bottle of JUST Egg.
This recipe uses JUST Egg. Buy now and become a master of plant-based cuisine.
Our eggs are on a mission.
We send really good emails.
Subscribe to them below.