Lindsey Vonn’s Alpine ToastToast
- 1 JUST Egg Folded or ⅓ cup JUST Egg
- 1 thick slice of hearty country bread
- 1 lemon
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon kale pesto (or any pesto)
- 1 tablespoon "bird seed” mix (see below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mixed herbs, chopped (like chives, parsley and basil)
Lindsey’s “bird seed” mixmix
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw, unhulled sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
01 / 05
Make Lindsey’s “bird seed” mixmix
Preheat your oven to 300°F. Spread the raw seeds out on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Once cooled, transfer to a jar and use throughout the week to sprinkle on toast and salads.
02 / 05
Cook the JUST EggEgg
If using JUST Egg Folded, heat in a toaster, oven, skillet or microwave according to the directions on the box.
If using JUST Egg, scramble (like an egg) in nonstick skillet over medium heat with a bit of oil. Stir occasionally as it scrambles. Once the liquid is cooked through, remove from heat.
03 / 05
Toast the breadbread
Lightly toast your bread of choice.
04 / 05
Add the toppingstoppings
Layer the toast evenly with sliced avocado and mash with a fork. Zest a bit of the lemon rind over the avocado, then halve the lemon and squeeze a light sprinkle of lemon juice onto the toast. Add the JUST Egg on top, followed by the sliced cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of pesto.
05 / 05
Garnish and serveserve
Sprinkle with “bird seed” mix and chopped fresh herbs.
Shop JUST EggEgg
This recipe uses JUST Egg. Buy now and become a master of plant-based cuisine.
We send really good emails.emails.
Subscribe to them below.