Lindsey Vonn’s Alpine ToastToast
- 1 JUST Egg Folded or ⅓ cup JUST Egg
- 1 thick slice of hearty country bread
- 1 lemon
- ½ an avocado, sliced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon kale pesto (or any pesto)
- 1 tablespoon "bird seed” mix (see below)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mixed herbs, chopped (like chives, parsley and basil)
Lindsey’s “bird seed” mixmix
- 2 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw, unhulled sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
01 / 05
Make Lindsey’s “bird seed” mixmix
Preheat your oven to 300°F. Spread the raw seeds out on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes. Once cooled, transfer to a jar and use throughout the week to sprinkle on toast and salads.
02 / 05
Cook the JUST EggEgg
If using JUST Egg Folded, heat in a toaster, oven, skillet or microwave according to the directions on the box.
If using JUST Egg, scramble (like an egg) in nonstick skillet over medium heat with a bit of oil. Stir occasionally as it scrambles. Once the liquid is cooked through, remove from heat.
03 / 05
Toast the breadbread
Lightly toast your bread of choice.
04 / 05
Add the toppingstoppings
Layer the toast evenly with sliced avocado and mash with a fork. Zest a bit of the lemon rind over the avocado, then halve the lemon and squeeze a light sprinkle of lemon juice onto the toast. Add the JUST Egg on top, followed by the sliced cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of pesto.
05 / 05
Garnish and serveserve
Sprinkle with “bird seed” mix and chopped fresh herbs.
Folded or pourable?decide.
You can use either version of JUST Egg in this recipe.
We send really good emails.emails.
Subscribe to them below.