Warm the oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the cumin seeds and sizzle briefly until fragrant.
Enjoy these spicy, Indian scrambled eggs with naan, pav or whole-wheat toast.
- 6oz (¾ cup) JUST Egg
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil or plant-based butter
- ⅛ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1-2 small fresh hot peppers, like serrano, minced (seeded or not)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- ⅓ cup tomatoes, seeded, drained and diced
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- Cilantro, for garnish
01 / 05
Toast the cumin seeds
02 / 05
Sauté the aromatics
Add the onion, spicy peppers and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for half a minute more.
03 / 05
Cook down the tomatoes
Lower the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes, turmeric and garam masala and cook until the tomatoes have broken down considerably, usually 3-5 minutes.
04 / 05
Scramble the JUST Egg
Shake the JUST Egg bottle and pour into the skillet. Scramble until the liquid is completely cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
05 / 05
Garnish the bhurji with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve immediately with pav or other lightly toasted bread.
Grab a bottle of JUST Egg.
This recipe uses JUST Egg. Buy now and become a master of plant-based cuisine.
Our eggs are on a mission.
We send really good emails.
Subscribe to them below.